Tuesday, October 5, 2010

How may I help you?

We've all heard the "How may I help you?" line at the store and on the phone so often that might have lost its meaning which is why I hesitated to use it BUT I really do want to know.
Thus far this site has been whatever "I" think it might be useful for you to know as far as saving your money. Apparently I have been at least a little successful in anticipating your interests because I have a small but growing group of readers BUT (I am sure this going to come as a shock to you) I am not a mind reader! If there is something you want to know about saving money PLEASE ask either as a comment or in an email to pennywise411@gmail.com a couple of you have already used that address and I appreciate it! I am not guaranteeing an answer to your question but I love researching and if I can find the answer I will either answer you directly or on the blog.
So thanks for reading and How may I help you? ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I just saw your post on Money Saving Mom (congrats by the way, both on paying cash for college and for being featured on her site!), and I'm so excited to find a local blog that does store deals and matchups for around here. I am hoping you do your posts based on the coupons we get locally out of the News-Gazette, since every other blog seems to focus on the coupon inserts from bigger cities, and we rarely get similar coupons as them. They also all seem to have Meijer stores that double Q's, whereas we obviously don't, which makes for very different deals from what we can get. I will be adding your blog to my Google Reader and looking forward to seeing what info you can share that benefits us local readers. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also just found your site from MSM and like Amy said, I'm also excited to follow your blog and see the deal matchups in our town with so few stores offering to double (Schnucks is the only one right?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy, Cher and anyone else who is reading,
    You asked about my trying to keep up w/ coupons that are available in the News-Gazette. I am making an effort to mostly reference that newspaper when I refer to print coupons but in the spirit of honesty I also get the Sunday Chicago Tribune most weeks at either Barnes and Noble or Borders (you can reserve a copy on Sunday by phone if you pay on your debit card and pick up at your leisure)and sometimes I get the inserts mixed up.
    To a greater degree I am trying to focus on coupons you can print on your own from your computer. I already have an agreement w/ coupons.com. allyou.com and am sharing an agreement w/ another blogger for Redplum.com until Red Plum approves this site independently. I am also working on affiliate agreements w/ some of the office supply companies so that the cost of paper/ink/etc will not be cost prohibitive!
    As far as I know Schnucks is the only local store that doubles coupons, then only up to .40.
    Having recently come from an area where it isn't "that unusual" to have coupons up to $1.99 double it was sticker shock even though I lived in central IL for several years!

    ReplyDelete